Dr (Prof.) V K GUPTA , M.D. ( Hom.) PADMASHRI AWARDEE
Dr. V.K Gupta is former Honorary Physician to the President of India and Principal , Nehru Homeopathic Medical College & Hospital, New Delhi. He is an eminent academician of International repute who has been invited to deliver lectures in institutions from Australia, Norway, Malaysia and South Africa. He has professional experience of over 45 years having served in different capacities as teacher , researcher and an administrator.
- Chairman, Scientific Advisory Committee , Central Council for research in Homeopathy, Ministry of Ayush.GOI.
- President of Honour, Indian Institute of Homeopathic Physicians(IIHP), an oldest National Professional Organization.
- Member, Governing body and Executive Council of North Eastern Institute of Ayurveda and Homeopathy, Shillong GOI.
- Editorial Advisory Board, A Peer reviewed, Indian Journal of Research in Homeopathy, CCRH, Ministry of Ayush, GOI.
- Member , Board of Advanced Studies, Research, and Academic Council Homeopathy University, Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- Member, Faculty of Homeopathy, Delhi University, Delhi.
- Contributing as Supervisor for PhD, in Homeopathy University, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Contributing Research articles in peer reviewed International Homeopathic Journals.
- Undertaking Peer review work of research articles and monographs etc.
- Resource person for several Orientation programs, CME's, Workshops & Conferences at National and International level.
- Member , Management committee, Dr Yudhvir Singh Homeopathic Charitable Trust (Founder of NHMC&H), Delhi
Services and Contributions:
- Chairman, Special Committee on Clinical Research of Central Council for Research in Homeopathy (CCRH), Department of AYUSH, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare ,Government of India.
- Chairman , Expert Committee for studying requirements of National Institute of Homeopathy (NIH) , Kolkata , 2007
- Honorary Professor Emeritus for M.D.(Hom.) Course at two centers in India.
- Member Governing body of National Institute of Homeopathy, Govt. of India, Kolkata.
- Member Academic Committee National Institute of Homeopathy, Govt. of India, Kolkata.
- Member Executive Committee and Academic Committee University of Delhi, Delhi.
- Pioneered research oriented education in Homoeopathy at U.G. level by introducing compulsory dissertation work at Nehru Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital(NHMC), Defence colony, New Delhi, in the year 1985.
- Affiliation of Nehru Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital to Delhi University in 1992, during 1984-1995 as Principal of NHMC; as Hony. Professor in Dr B R SUR Homeopathic Medical college & NHMC from 1995- 2011.
- During Pneumonic Plague Epidemic, 1994 in Delhi, introduced the use of Homeopathic medicine Phosphorus which proved very effective in controlling the disease. Initiated and successfully executed numerous Public health programs.
- National President, Indian Institute of Homeopathic Physicians (IIHP),for two consecutive terms i.e. 1998-2000-2002.
- Instrumental in approval of proposal for the "All India Institute of Homeopathy" in 12th five year plan, Govt of India.
- Introduced a new drug Catharanthus roseus (Vinca rosea) published in International Homeopathic links vol. 26, 2013.
Also contributed as a member of :
- Experts of Working group, AYUSH for 12th five year plan of planning commission, Govt. of India.
- Homeopathic Advisory Committee, Government of National Capital territory of Delhi, New Delhi.
- Governing body of Central Council for Research in Homeopathy (CCRH), Min of Health & F W, Govt. of India.
- Consultative Committee for Collaborative / Fundamental Research in Homeopathy, CCRH, Govt. of India.
- Standing Finance & Scientific Advisory Committee, CCRH, Deptt. of AYUSH, Ministry of Health and F W, Govt. of India.
- Scientific Advisory Committee, Dilli Homeopathic Anusandhan Parishad, Govt. of NCT of Delhi
- AYUSH Review and Action Plan Committee , Ministry of AYUSH, Govt of India.
- Project Evaluation Committee (PEC) for Extramural Research (EMR) of CCRH, Deptt. of Ayush, Govt of India.
- Sub - Committee of Drug Technical Advisory Board of Homeopathy, Ministry of Ayush, Govt. of India.
Awards and Recognitions:
- Dhanwantri Award, All India Indian Medicine Graduates Association, for the year 1992 to 1993.
- Founder Patron, Nehru Homeopathic Medical College Alumni, New Delhi
- Award for meritorious services to homeopathy by IIHP, at its Golden Jubilee function in New Delhi, 1995 .
- International Dr. Hahnemann award, 1997 by Homeopathic Association Delhi (H.A.D.), New Delhi
- International Dr.Yudhvir Singh Award, 2001 by Homeopathic Association Delhi.
- Padmashri -A National Civilian Award, in Homeopathy by the Hon'ble President of India, on April 20th, 2013.
- Significant Contribution Award, International Conference on Multidisciplinary Healthcare, AIIMS, New Delhi, 2014.
- Conferred "Homoeo Ratna" AWARD 2014 by Homeopathic Friends Organization, Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh.